XKating is a videogame developed by a team of 5 Multimedia Engineering as their last year’s project.
It’s a classic racing game, but with the special feature of having skaters instead of car drivers.
In this game I’ve contributed in the following aspects:
- Programming the game core from scratch in C++, with a component-driven architecture
- Physics engine: we made our own physics engine for the game, called LAPAL
- Graphic engine: we made our own graphics engine for the game, called RedPandaStudio. I contributed specially in creating the engine interface and connecting the engine with the game
- Portability: I made the game portable to iOS and Windows (it was originally created for Linux), using makefiles.
- Game logo animation: I developed the most of the logo animation using After Effects
- Game credits: done using Blender and Adobe After Effects
- Character modeling
Source code can be found at GitHub.